Saturday, January 9, 2010

Word Count

(Note: I've now retired from writing this blog. See my "Farewell" post for more information. At this time there will be no further regular posts.)

I came across a tool that counts all the words on a web page, so I thought I would make a little post about the result.

I displayed all of my posts on one page and entered the URL. The result? 105,000 words, after adjusting for extra stuff like my blog link list and formatting.

What's 105,000 words? I did a little research and found out that it's a 400 page book.

So if you start this blog from the beginning and read it to the end, it must make one very interesting novel! ;-)

Kind of makes me wish I'd been writing a real novel all along. I never thought I could write so much on one topic..

That's all guys, I just thought you might find it interesting. I know I did! Less than a year and 105,000 words...

5 comments:

  1. Hey RCJS I really like the book idea! You should get published!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Publish your book! What's the website that counts for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The New Testament has something like 181k words... you were more than halfway to beating it. That's kinda hot actually... even without hitting that mark, your blog is a better read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should check your math...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im tellin you man. You're a good writer. You should seriously consider writing a novel. :)

    ReplyDelete